When it comes to foundation repair, there are many possible reasons why your foundation could be experiencing issues. These reasons could include settlement, upheaval, poor pre-construction, and others. There are just as many solutions. It becomes difficult to know which solution is right for your specific foundation situation. You may have asked yourself, what are these solutions and how do they differ? We understand that foundation repair solutions may be confusing at times. That is why we have created the image below, showing each foundation repair solution and included descriptions of what each one is. Hopefully, this helps you when it comes to better understanding which solution is right for you and the reasoning behind it.
1. Plate Anchor: If you are experiencing leaning or bowing walls in your home, plate anchors are a great solution for you. Plate anchors are used by attaching a rod to the damaged wall and attaching this rod to the stable anchor outside of the building. A wall plate is then attached to the rod on the inside of the wall. Plate anchors are used for maximum structural support.
2. Helical Tie-Back: Helical tie-backs are another great solution for bulging or bowing walls. What they do is cancel out the hydrostatic pressure, allowing the walls to have relief after being pushed out of place. Then, the walls will return to a level position once again.
3. Helical Underpinning: Helical underpinning is a great solution if your home or business is experiencing foundation settling. Helical underpinning is used to support, level, or strengthen a building’s foundation.
4. Push Pier: Another settlement solution is push piers. Push piers are heavy-duty steel tubes that are driven into the earth until they reach stable soil. They allow the weight of the foundation to be distributed evenly.
5. Helical Porch Pier: If your porch is experiencing settlement or any type of foundation issues, there are helical porch piers specifically created to get your porch leveled and strengthened so that you do not experience any further issues.
6. Crawl Space Pier: Crawl space piers typically sit on concrete footings and are evenly spaced underneath of the foundation to evenly distribute the weight. These will provide maximum support and will keep your crawlspace sound for years to come.
7. Sump Pumps and Sump Pit: Sump pump is a pump that is installed in the lower part of a crawl space or basement to keep the area dry and to prevent it from flooding. Sump pumps are usually installed in constructed sump pits.
8. Interior Waterproofing System: If you have ever experienced flooding or water in your basement, an interior waterproofing system will solve your issue. They are designed to keep your home dry and keep water from entering your interior at all costs.
9. Exterior Waterproofing System: There are many situations where the water problems you are experiencing in your home are due to oversaturated soil surrounding your foundation. Exterior waterproofing systems can help with this by directing the excess water away from the structure.
10. Crawl Space Encapsulation: If your crawl space experiences excess humidity or standing water, crawl space encapsulation will ensure that your crawl space is fully waterproofed, keeping all moisture out.
11. Surface Drainage Products: Surface drainage products consist of shallow drainage which will remove all standing water from your property. Surface drainage products will save your soil from oversaturation.
12. Carbon Fiber Repair: For leaning or bowing walls, carbon fiber repair is an affordable, less intrusive solution for your home. The finish of the carbon fiber is smooth, which makes it easy to cover when the wall is painted.
13. Crack Injection Repair: Cracks in the walls, ceilings, or floors in homes are very common foundation issues. These cracks can be easily filled with crack injection repair, which is an extremely effective and reliable crack repair solution.
While understanding your possible foundation repair solutions may be difficult at times, it doesn’t have to be. With the right foundation repair company, you will get a better understanding of what problems you are experiencing, why you are experiencing them, and which solution will best solve your issue. A foundation repair company should walk you through the entire process so that you are aware of what is going on at all times. Making sure a reliable, trustworthy company is working on your foundation is extremely important. At Foundation Systems of West Virginia, we ensure this and more. We have been in business since 2003, proudly serving the residents of West Virginia. If you would like more information on foundation repair solutions, feel free to contact us here. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have.