Bowed Basement Wall Repairs
Noticing that your basement wall has begun to bow can be a stressful time. Bowing walls happen when there is too much pressure on your foundation walls and the walls begin to bend inward. This can come from the soil expanding, foundation settlement, or other foundation problems. In some cases, this can cause the foundation to collapse! This would be devastating to a home and would be very expensive to repair. Needless to say, if you find that your basement wall is bowing, you need to call a foundation repair professional who can provide a solution for you and your foundation.
Fixing Bowed Walls
Bowed walls are a major problem, and should not be left to get worse. They will not fix themselves and they could cause a collapse at any time. Foundation Systems of West Virginia can provide bowed basement wall repair for residential and commercial foundations. We can help you decide which repair option is best for you based on the free inspection and estimate that we provide. Here are a few options for repairs:
- Wall Anchors: These anchors from ECP are installed on the damaged wall and are used to slowly straighten the wall. The process puts pressure on the wall opposite to the pressure pushing the wall in. This gradually stabilizes the wall and returns it to its correct position.
- Helical Piers: These piers are screwed into the ground below the structure and are used to support and stabilize a sinking foundation. The piers will be used to support the weight of the home or business, this can help straighten out a leaning or bowing wall.
- Foundation Piers: These piers are similar to helical piers in their application. They are driven into the soil below the foundation to a more stable level. The building’s weight is supported on the piers, which can alleviate some of the pressure on the foundation walls.
- Power Brace: This is a permanent solution for bowed foundation walls when there is constant movement of the soil around them. They are a revolutionary steel I-beam solution used to reinforce foundation walls. They use the strength of the concrete floor and floor joist to stabilize the wall. (See picture to the right.)
- Carbon Fiber Repairs: This is a long-lasting solution to bowing or leaning walls. They are wall supports that are usually installed on the inside of the basement wall. Installing them on the inside as a basement wall repair makes this solution less intrusive than others. Carbon fiber repairs are maintenance free and are extremely easy to cover when the wall is painted. Not only are they easy maintenance, but they are also an inexpensive route that always leaves customers pleased.
Contact us today about bowed basement wall repairs! Foundation Systems of West Virginia has the experience, tools, and knowledge to give you top quality repairs that will last. Give us a call and schedule a free in-home inspection and estimate.