West Virginia Foundation Contractor
Your home is your biggest investment and that means you need to keep up with all repairs to ensure it stays a good investment. Additionally, the safety of you and your family depends on the foundation being in good condition and being strong and stable. Although some home repairs can be done yourself or hired to a local handyman, foundation repairs are not a DIY project.
It is important that you choose a reputable company that will treat you with respect and integrity while being able to do the work needed. Most foundation repair contractors and foundation repair companies will provide you with a free inspection, so take advantage of the offer and have a couple of different foundation contractors look at your West Virginia home.
A good foundation repair contractor or foundation repair company will take the time to take a detailed look at your home’s foundation. After the inspection, they will sit down with you and go over the results.
Do Your Homework Before Hiring A Foundation Contractor
There are some things that you can do before you hire a foundation repair contractor or foundation repair company.
- Check the company’s Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List reviews. Word of mouth and testimonials from actual customers is usually a good indicator of what kind of business they are.
- Read information about the methods of foundation repair and make a list of questions. The more informed you are, the less likely you’ll be misled. Shady businesses don’t want to deal with educated customers.
- Don’t base your decision on cheap prices and flashy advertising. There is a certain flat cost to any foundation repair project and you sometimes get what you pay for. Saving a few dollars now can cost you a LOT of dollars down the road.
- Ask them about any warranties or guarantees that they offer and make sure you get them in writing. You’ll want to be sure that you and your home are protected.
- Find out what kind of tools and products they use for home repair. For example, Foundation Systems of West Virginia uses Earth Contact Products (ECP). ECP products are the best in the industry and used extensively to make sure repairs are done right and last for years.
Schedule An Inspection of Your Home’s Foundation
Most foundation inspections last over 2 hours if they are thorough. The person doing the inspection should be a certified and trained foundation expert. They will see what kind of problems are occurring, determine what is causing the problem, and suggest the best method of repairing your damaged foundation.
After the inspection, the foundation repair contractor should give you a report that includes an explanation of the problems that were found and the plan of repair. In addition, you should receive an estimate of the cost to implement the repairs. They should also be able to tell you how long the project will take and what is expected of you in the way of landscaping being moved, people needing to be out of the structure, and other requests needed to complete the work.
Things to Expect From A Quality Foundation Contractor
First and foremost, you should expect communication and respect from any contractor you are working with. Integrity and honesty will follow if they answer your questions and are upfront about dealing with any concerns you may have.
The best foundation contractors, like Foundation Systems of West Virginia, want to make sure your family is living in a home that is structurally sound and will do what it takes to make sure your foundation is stable and safe once again.Keep Your West Virginia Crawl Space Dry and Clean » « Is Your Home Sitting on A Firm Foundation?