The foundation is the most important part of any structure.
Cracks inside structures can indicate the home or business has a foundation issue.
Without a solid foundation, the structure will begin to sink, negatively impacting the structural integrity of the entire structure. Most residential and commercial property owners are not structural engineers, but there are signs people can look for inside a structure that can indicate a potential foundation issue. These signs include:
- Sagging or spongy floors
- Cracks in walls above doorways or windows (these are often the weakest part of the home and will show signs of foundation or structural issues first)
- Windows or doors that won’t close easily or appear to be out of plumb
- Cracks in your basement walls
- Bows in your basement walls
- Large cracks around windows
If you see any of these signs inside your structure, you should call a foundation expert. Foundation Systems of West Virginia offers free, no obligation inspections, so if you think you might have a issue we will send one of our highly-trained experts to your home or business at no cost to you.
Fixing a foundation issue today is always less expensive and disruptive than waiting until the issue becomes much worse. Call Foundation Systems of West Virginia today at 855-607-7715 today to schedule a free inspection with one of our foundation experts.Finding a Foundation Contractor In West Virginia » « Avoid a Foundation “Worst Case Scenario”